The resources provided on this page are gratefully accepted and approved for publication on this website.
FYECD2009 - The Movie is now available online.
This page was last updated at 4:30pm Thursday 26 February 2009. Additional resources will be linked on this page as they become available.
|Program Item||Title and Presenter||Resources|
|Welcome and Opening||Professor Sally Kift
Prof Richard Johnstone, Executive Director, Australian Learning and Teaching Council
||"A transition pedagogy for first year curriculum design and renewal"
Professor Sally Kift
|Keynote Speaker||"Fables from afar: Managing new environments"
Mr Col McCowan OAM
|Keynote Speaker||"Taking Student Retention Seriously: Rethinking the First Year of University"
Professor Vincent Tinto
|Keynote Speaker||"Socioeconomic status and Indigenous background: Implications for first year university curriculum"
Professor Marcia Devlin
Associate Professor Dawn Gleeson and Professor Lyn Simpson
Rachael Field, Dr Gillian Hallam and Ms Wendy Harper
Associate Professor Annah Healy and Associate Professor Janet Taylor
|Evaluation and Monitoring
Associate Professor Karen Nelson and Bill Johnston
|FYECD2009 Showcase||Showcase Presenters||
|Keynote Speaker||"First Year Future Tense"
Mr Bill Johnston
|Keynote Panel discussion|| Questions from previous day
Associate Professor Karen Nelson
|Keynote Speaker||"First Year Engagement: What Role Does Curriculum Play?"
Professor Kerri-Lee Krause
|Keynote Speaker||"Designing learning environments for first year students"
Professor Ron Oliver
|Keynote Speaker||"Is it an improvement when a cannibal uses a fork?
Critical enquiry into the sustainability of outcomes from first-year experience interventions"
Professor Lynne Hunt
|Closing||Professor Sally Kift||
Day Materials provided at the Symposium
- FYECD2009 Program [PDF 1.53MB]
- First Year Curriculum Principles [PDF 240KB]
- 12th Pacific Rim First Year in Higher Education Conference 2009 flyer [PDF 228KB]
- ALTC Exchange
- Resources from Kift's ALTC Senior Fellowship are available on the ALTC Exchange at http://www.altcexchange.edu.au/first-year-experience-and-curriculum-design.
- To access these resources, you will need to first join the ALTC Exchange and then subscribe to the Fellowship Group. Please follow these Instructions.